Friday, November 26, 2010

Trying to explain Facebook to BT is about as much fun as getting a mammogram

OMFG....I just spent 45 min trying to explain Facebook to BT for the 15th time no less.....I sometimes get so frustrated, that it is a good thing that I don't have:
a) a sharp object in my hand
b) a pillow close by
c) something long, hard and heavy within reach !!!!
Why is it so difficult for those of the older (and not so old as I ponder the question) male gender of the Tonner persuasion to , grasp the simplicities of Facebook....for example. BT asks if I send someone a message can everyone see it (this question has been asked multiple time) and if I post something on their wall can everyone see it....( this has been asked even more times)....I used this analogy,  the message is like email, only the person you sent it to will see it,  If you post something on their wall.....picture a wall in front of their house, if you write on their wall then every one going by will see it !!!!....Now I ask you, is this a difficult concept to grasp ?  I said to him during this 45 minute tutorial this morning, that if you want to learn more about a person, go to their profile page..... (BT's comments are going to be in red from now on).....because thats what I see when I talk to him sometimes "Oh I never go to their profile page, I figure that's their own business,"... Barry, you just don't understand the concept of Facebook, Becky you don't understand......I  (are you ready for this) invented the internet and I know more about how it works than you do...I said I'm so f**king happy for you, Al !.... got up, saying as I left....I now have a subject for my blog.....he looks at me and made a stupid hand gesture and it's wasn't flipping me the bird !!!! use your imagination !!!!
Now that is 45 minutes of my life that I will never get back !!!!!
When I explain things to him or when he makes an off the wall statement, his line is " I'm so far ahead of you people that it's scary"  is very disconcerting, because I think that he actually believes it.....
Well I didn't make it out to the Black Friday sales because in my current frame of mind I would be in jail by now, and I'm afraid that BT aka Al Gore, would forget that I left the house, and would end up sitting either here or by the pool contemplating why the water in the lazy river goes clockwise and not counter clock wise, or why Felix the maintenance man is a Puerto Rican and not a Portuguese, given his perchance  for his leaf blower...to get that one you will have to visit us in SS or ask me and I will explain it, actually it was a very funny line...Now on that one I was way ahead of BT....in fact so far ahead he never did get it, until I spelled it out   v e r y   v e r y  slowly....any way I digress...so I figure if I got put in jail for knocking around some Black Friday shoppers then I would be there until 
a) BT ran out of food
b) BT ran out of Money
c) I was gonna say clean clothes, but all he wears is his bathing suit
d) until he runs out of clean dishes
I didn't go because, as you know who says "remember we are retired"


Psstttt does anyone have an extra pillow !!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Becky...take a Valium....I'm so far a head of you! I'm out of breath just reading all that drivel...and don't call me Al Bore.....(typing error intended)...and by the way...re your first 'abc'...'c' is so obvious!....

    ReplyDelete
  2. BT BT BT,,..,,... ahhh Christoper's head is gonna explode,,,,but You're right

    ReplyDelete